Monday, May 16, 2011

Troll Impaler Painted Pics


Here are a few pics of the Impaler I finished up after the Mauler.  I liked this model a lot until I started painting it.  There are tons of little details in there that required different colors.  I am not the most creative person when it comes to color schemes/theory.  I just tried to keep all the details toned down and make the skin bright and colorful so it pops on the table.  Mostly earthy tones of browns and brownish greens, plus dirty metal.

Too bad the skin color is a mix I made up 6 years ago and I have no idea how to replicate it.  At the time I made 3 successive layers of color and a wash for a Lizardmen army that never really got off the ground.  So, check out the really sunny pics.






Over the weekend I made some great progress on the Axer.  Just a few more washes on the metal to get the look I'm after and then highlighting of skin and finishing the base.  So, hopefully another hour and he'll be finished.  This will finish my 15 pt list, except for painting pMadrak.  I will probably save my warlocks for last and just start on a unit next to get away from the beasts for a while.

Below is a pic of my Hordes gaming case with the models I have currently built and painted.  I will have to upgrade my case when I build the stack of models I just purchased though.  I'm not sure where I want to go next on the painting after completed Axer.  Krielstone Bearer and Scribes, another beast, or something I haven't even built yet.


1 comment: