Monday, June 8, 2009

Project DeathGuard: Test Models Painted, Finally!

Over the weekend I had a rare day to paint and game. I finished my first test model for my DeathGuard on Saturday morning. The Plague Marine below with the bolter and wooden barrel was the first model. The champion below was painted Saturday night because he insta-killed Vulkan in one of the games I played earlier that day. Now I think I have my color scheme sorted out and should be able to move along a little quicker with them. The first model took about 2 1/2 hours while I think I squeezed the champion in under 2 hours. I hope to get these times down to a little over an hour because I have very little time to paint(usually only when baby is sleeping). I am mostly satisfied with how these models have turned out, though I want to get faster and a little neater on my highlights. These are the first models I have painted in about 3 years, so I have to get back in the groove. I've decided to finish the current unit then begin working on my rhinos because they are on the table the most during test games.

Having played a couple test games with this army I am pretty happy with their competitiveness and play style, I just need more practice with random scenarios to get my tactics down. I may post a little something about Saturday's games later this week.

1 comment:

  1. Great looking models, I first purchased some of these metal models but I had a hard time paainting them and was not very happy with them in the end, and then went to buying the forge world conversion bits and using those models.

    I must say that I really like the tanks on the backs and think that you have done a great job with them , I should send you mine.

    Santa Cruz Warhammer